Groove Pilot is a prototype interactive spatial music mixing “experience”.
As part of my continuing series of explorations around spatial music I threw together this prototype to play with some ideas about:
- Spatial music
- Real time mixing
How to play?
- You must use headphones or earbuds to experience the spatial music
- Collect all 14 sound orbs to complete the level.
- As you collect each sound orb it enables another layer of the downtempo chill music track to play.
- Each layer of music is located in 3D space so is mixed relative to all the others as you move around, dynamically changing the music mix and experience on the fly.
- In a sense it’s a generative music piece controlled by the players movement through 3D space.
- Each sound orb/music track/stem is also visualized procedurally in different ways with real time signal processing to drive reactive graphics.
- Note: Sound visualization currently only works on desktop version, working on a fix for the WebGL browser version.
- Collect each sound orb before you run out of fuel.
- Each one collected will give you a bonus fuel boost as well.
Note: This is WebGL and best used in Chrome/Firefox with minimal tabs open.
More details @ http://sonicviz.com/project/groove-pilot/
The full version has been implemented as a VR app, and is available from Microsoft App Store @ https://groovepilot.ninja/
WMR only atm, Oculus version coming soon!
Built in Unity 3D.
Desktop only as Unity WebGL is currently not supported on mobiles.